e-Commerce Merchandising Manager | e-Commerce Recruiter
Position Type – Direct-Hire
Location – North Carolina
Recruiter – Stan Hyman
MarketPro is engaged in a search for an eCommerce Merchandising Manager.
This position is a management position for a North American eCommerce team for a global brand. This manager will oversee daily operations of the merchandising team which includes merchandisers, content editors/writers, project managers, merchandising analytics and eCommerce interns.
• Minimum 5-7 years working in an eCommerce organization with demonstrated experience in managing the online experience for maximizing site conversion.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with Adobe SiteCatalyst.
• Experience leading or managing teams with diverse responsibilities.
• Strong project management and organizational skills to manage and prioritize projects and team members with different deadlines.
• Strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement with little direction.
• Excellent communication skills are crucial since this position will work with multiple cross-functional and external teams.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff in a fast paced, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
• Possess a positive attitude and able to work in a collaborative and energetic team environment.
• Knowledge of web marketing best practices.
• Fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end-results.
• Ability to analyze metrics and make decisions based on results.
• Understanding of effective web design in order to implement impactful programs.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and innovative thinking are also required to maximize results and productivity.
Primary key performance indicators
• Deliver solid financial performance for revenue, units and profit.
• Drive website improvements and help drive onsite customer satisfaction for lenovo.com.
• Improve conversion rate for merchandising programs and landing pages.
• Aggressively drive customer acquisition through email based tactics.
• Build a world class Global eCommerce organization.
Day-to-Day Team Management
- Lead the web merchandising team on a daily basis to help achieve the sales objectives of the North American eCommerce organization.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and assist in the prioritization of all web merchandising related tasks.
- Interlock with other teams to determine focal points for resource allocation and assistance in planning future projects.
- Lead a regular merchandising brainstorming sharing session to discuss ideas and issues.
- Work with merchandising team members to understand any roadblocks on projects; break down roadblocks or when necessary escalate issues to senior management team.
Facilitate strategic projects
- Determine strategic site improvements through interaction with merchandising team members and manage site redesign efforts with design & user experience team.
- Review competitive websites to evaluate site merchandising, promotional tactics, customer experience, and product presentation and translate findings into executable online programs.
- Write business cases for improvements to get funding for new functionality.
- Work with external vendors for new functionality to assist in achieving business results.
- Manage eCommerce mobile experience with in-house mobile project management team.
- Lead new functionality life cycle process from requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and through to launch.
Cross-functional sharing of merchandising best practices
- Share key successes of the merchandising team in a quarterly review the Vice President of Global eCommerce and the Executive Director of North American eCommerce.
- Drive a monthly global interlock with geo counterparts to share learning from current promotions/merchandising best practices.
- Develop team key performance indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of team members during the twice annual performance review periods.
- Coordinate monthly one-on-one meetings to discuss merchandising ideas and employee growth/development opportunities with merchandising team members.
- Coach and develop Merchandisers to ensure growth and readiness for next level position.
- Develop career path and ladder for key merchandising positions in the web organization.
- Drive morale improvements with team members.
- Recognize team members for exceptional performance within the programs developed to support the eCommerce team. Coordinate merchandising team outings.
- Share industry best practices and recommend webinars to the merchandising team.
Who is MarketPro:
MarketPro is the leading interim marketing executive and marketing executive search firm in the USA. Whether your need is interim / contract or direct placement, we provide top companies with talent that exceeds expectations both functionally and culturally. Our recruiters know the best marketing talent, because they are experienced marketers. MarketPro places talent all marketing related disciplines and does so in less time with a higher success ratio than anyone else in the industry.