Web Analytics Manager | Omniture Guru Needed
Position Type – Contract
Location – Atlanta
Apply Here – MarketMatch by MarketPro
Recruiter – Bri Barber
Web Analytics Manager
Overall responsibility includes:
- Manage online competitive research & analytics by leveraging internal and external resources to gather relevant industry benchmarks for website metrics.
- Identify and develop data collection strategies (site trading tools, offline sources: call centers, sales data, financial data) to support reporting on key performance indicators that directly measure business value of online assets.
- Manage relationships with data vendors and ensure full value is obtained from such relationships and accounts.
- Analyze web site performance and trends and click stream path analysis activity to provide business insights as well as recommendations for changes.
- Participate in discussion as a web analytical expert to contribute insights based on analysis of web stats that will lead to a better user experience.
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to evaluate and define their online reporting needs and provide well thought-out solutions.
- Day-to-day management of web analytics solutions to ensure tracking, reporting and analytics are functioning optimally and work with IT partners to enhance or repair as needed.
- Educate the company as a whole regarding web metrics ranging from terminology standardization to the impact of user behavior on key conversion and revenue factors.
Required job knowledge and skills:
- Ability to think critically and make actionable recommendations based on the business data needs: analyze date, interpret results and recommend actions to optimize marketing investments. Keen problem solving abilities
- Superior understanding of web metrics
- Experience managing enterprise level implementation of web site analytics tools (tagging, running reports and log file based), developing requirements and actual coding.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/responsibilities Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and the ability to hit the ground running attitude are essential
- Demonstrate experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with little need for direction
- Demonstrate ability to be resourceful and achieve results without the benefit of formal authority
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
Qualifications or previous experience:
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent required 4+ years progressive web analytics experience
- Minimum 4 years experience with Omniture including a strong understanding of the tool both functionally and technically and previous experience (business and technical) with other Web analytics packages
like Webtrends, HBX and Google Analytics.
- At least 4 years experience with established digital advertising or marketing agency is preferred
- Must be proficient with developing custom reports, configuring website analytics platforms and providing analysis and interpretation on website statistics
- Omniture certification a major plus
- Natural ability to effectively communicate model results/implications both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly identify and solve problems in a fast paced, changing environment
- An inquiring mind with a strong desire to learn and to better understand how consumers live their online lives.
- Aptitude for numerical data with strong quantitative analysis skills
- Keeps up to date with new and developing platforms, emerging trends and strategies within the digital space
- Strong presentation skills with comfort presenting to large groups Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability manage and support multiple project simultaneously independently
and as part of a team
- General understanding of SEO and SEM
- Highly proficient with MS Suite including SQL and Powerpoint and advanced Excel skills
MarketPro is the leading marketing and interactive staffing and marketing and interactive recruitment firm in the USA. Whether your need is interim / contract or direct placement, we provide top companies with talent that exceeds expectations both functionally and culturally. Our recruiters know the best marketing talent, because they are experienced marketers. MarketPro places talent all marketing related disciplines and does so in less time with a higher success ratio than anyone else in the industry.