Director, Digital Strategy – Digital Commerce & Customer Analytics | Marketing Executive Search
Position Type – Direct
Location – Hartford, CT
Apply Here – MarketMatch by MarketPro
Recruiter –Shelli Gutholm
Interested in becoming a key member of a dynamic Digital Strategy team for an established Fortune 100 Company?
MarketPro’s client has always had a passion for our customers and our distribution partners. The next phase of our journey raises the stakes; therefore, it demands more from us as we tackle the ever-changing forces of our markets. To win, our client must operate as a more customer-centric brand company. With our market-leading product, service and distribution capabilities, we have an exciting opportunity to deepen our understanding of customer needs through strategic research and analytics, and to enhance our ability to service customers and distributors through online channels and the rapidly diversifying capabilities of the Internet.
In order to bring this vision to life, the company’s go-forward strategy established a new organization that will take our digital commerce and customer analytics capabilities to the next level – where our client will be at the cutting edge of web technology for our industry and use insights about our customers to create a significant strategic advantage. This client has a broad set of e-commerce and customer analytic capabilities today, but they are distributed across the enterprise. By bringing our expertise together and bringing in innovative thought leadership, we will adopt best-in-class approaches and introduce new capabilities to compete and win in the marketplace.
Overview of the Position
The Director, Digital Strategy – Profile and Personalization will serve as a key member of the company’s newly developed Digital Commerce & Customer Analytics team. This individual will understand the intersection of business strategy and technology to develop digital solutions that apply across the enterprise. As such, he/she will create and define business requirements, translate them into tactical solutions and implement and maintain the on-going solution successfully.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Digital Strategy & Capabilities, the individual will lead a highly matrixed team and be responsible for developing enterprise wide solutions in the digital space through partnerships with the various businesses, IT and Operations. In addition, he/she will manage vendors and ongoing system delivery. The portfolio of projects under management of this role will be varied and numerous. Strategic roadmaps could influence Enterprise spend in the range of $250k to $1.5MM range.
This position is located in the greater Hartford, CT area.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with lines of business and broader digital commerce & customer analytics team to identify business opportunities and requirements. Make recommendations on digital solutions in the areas of Log-in/Authentication, Contact Information and Preferences
- Research and track competitive intelligence on digital solutions to business needs. Additionally be aware of customer demographics and broader industry landscape to identify cutting edge solutions that lead to competitive advantage in digital solutions.
- Identify and propose new enterprise solutions to improve customer experience and drive business efficiency. Develop the business case and gain support implementation.
- Actively partner and collaborate with the CIO and CTO organizations and technology vendors to develop enterprise appropriate digital solutions. Drive, with partner organizations, the technology development process and make critical business decisions in the development process that lead to the best solutions supporting an enterprise-wide user experience.
- Manage reporting and analysis of digital solutions ongoing to ensure effectiveness of solution and continual improvement opportunities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferable a concentration in marketing. MBA preferred
- A minimum of 7 years experience in marketing, including time spent in customer research and a minimum of five years in product management
- Digital Commerce experience with a strong knowledge of database architecture for storage and real-time access of customer information
- Able to translate implicit and explicit customer preferences/behavior to present personalized product and servicing recommendations
- Technically savvy in the digital commerce space. Able to identify and propose new enterprise solutions to improve customer experience and drive business efficiency
- Prior industry experience with companies known for being cutting-edge in digital commerce, e.g. retail, financial services, etc. would be a preferred
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills: Past evidence of gathering data, summarizing and creating actionable plans
- Past matrix management experience including Operations and IT
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a proven ability to influence all levels in an organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
MarketPro is the leading marketing staffing and marketing recruitment firm in the USA. Whether your need is interim / contract or direct placement, we provide top companies with talent that exceeds expectations both functionally and culturally. Our recruiters know the best marketing talent, because they are experienced marketers. MarketPro places talent all marketing related disciplines and does so in less time with a higher success ratio than anyone else in the industry.